Wednesday 7 March 2012

End of Module Evaluation-ouce255



During the course of the module I have learnt many different things, that where previously undiscovered. I have special developed skills in business terminology. I think I have applied this relatively well through out the module, and I think we made the most of our new found terminology and understanding in the group presentation.
I also during the course of this module learnt how to work as a team, and how the business environment would work, for example allocating jobs with in the group. This is something I will continue to develop through my time on the course.
I also just have a better understanding on how the creative industry works from marketing to business structures.

Understanding how individual business work, will help when applying for jobs after graduation as it will enable me to target a particular USP of a company and change my portfolio or interview around there personal requirements. It has also made me realise that although your design work in very important it is also about who you are as a person that can get you jobs.
On a more current level I feel the freelance work I have previously done I have been somewhat taken advantage of as a result the enterprise module helped me to realise this.


With in the work we developed I felt that we had a good range of research of our presentation on dialect, with good technical understanding of the business structure and marketing and promotion , and this is something that will continue to effect the way my design practice develops in the future.
I think the task I did were also representative of this.  I especially enjoyed the marketing mix lecture and there for I think I have a strong understanding of the this and was particularly interested in the self promotion aspects and I am fully aware of what needs to be done in the future to get my name out there.

The weaknesses with in the module are based around time management leaving the tasks till quite late on the end of the module, this was due to being swamped with other work. Although this is something I will defiantly improve on next time. I will also develop more fully the research for the presentation next time as I was left with a sense that more could be done. So all my weaknesses are based around time management.


Things I will do differently next time include:

Better time management
Research more on swot analysis
With the company we set up I would like to do a real life promotional event or networking event, it would be good to the see results of work.



How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment