Monday 18 October 2010

Max Gregory typeface evaluation

-Which personality traits did you choose to respond to and apply the typeface?
i used max's musicality and his "northernness"
-The reasons Behind the design decisions you made for the typeface.?
musical notes and the lines representing the music paper represent the musicality in max's personality.
-In what way are the results effective?
the results are effective in the sense that the musical notes show musicality, as does the music paper design in the background. Helvetic bold, demonstrate my opinions on the the adjective northern, as well as the legibility of the typeface. Not demonstrating the whole letter but only what is needed to make it legible.
However i treated the typeface as 30 individual images instead of coming up with set rules for the typeface, as a result i will come up with set rules for further development.

1 comment:

  1. What personality traits did you interpret from the typeface designed to represent you?

    From the typeface that Sam designed, the most prominent traits I interpreted were my love for music & my "Northerness". These came across really well in the face through the use of really simple yet effective references, like the use of musical notes & stave marks.

    Describe what you think of the typeface.

    I like the typeface & I think it was a really well executed final. I particularly like the way that parts of the letters weren't joined. This kept it more true to actual sheet music & gave a really interesting visual.

    In what ways is it effective, and in what ways is it ineffective of representing you?

    I can't say that the face designed is ineffective because I think Sam portrayed both the bold, Northern side and musical traits that he had worked with really well. If I were to be really critical, I would say that the sheet music lines could have been drawn on a little darker so they were more prominent...

    ReplyDelete